This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information we collect about you from using our site
- While on our site, we automatically log certain information about how you’re using our site. This information may include the URL that you just came from, your IP address (or a partially anonymized IP address), details about your browser, device, OS, or probable location, and the pages you visit while on our site.
- When you visit our sites we will assign you a unique identifier so we can recognize you across different portions of our sites. You may have one or more of these, and they may persist between visits to our sites, so we can recognize you when you come back.
- We may place a tracking mechanism, such as a pixel or web beacon, on pages or components of our site. This enables us to record in our server logs that a specific user id has visited a particular page. This data allows us to analyze and determine our audience’s behavioral characteristics, which helps us to optimize our site, advertisement placement, and marketing focus.
Information we receive from other sources
- We may place a tracking mechanism on pages or components of some of our partners’ sites so that when you use services from our partners, we can record that a specific user ID visited that service. This helps us analyze our audience in a manner similar to when you visit our own site.
- We allow our advertisers and partners to collect certain information when you visit our site by allowing them to place a tracking mechanism, such as cookies, pixels, beacons, Google AMP Client IDs, or other technologies to collect and use information about you during your visit to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements they feel you would like.
- By utilizing or permitting these tracking mechanisms, we prevent our partners from fraudulently representing your internet activity, and we ensure that we are trustworthy to our partners and advertisers about accounting for the exchange of your personal information.
- We have also engaged third-party companies to gather and process information about our users on our behalf, to help us improve our sites and find new members. These companies will combine our data about how you visit our websites with information that they have collected from outside our sites and provide it to us so that we can optimize your experience across our sites, across multiple devices, and based on your interests.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Advertising Audience Generation & Remarketing
Advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google have the concept of an audience, which is a group of people that come to a website over a period of time. Apocalypse Survivalist and our Marketing Partners can utilize audiences in various ways – to have the advertising platforms find people that are similar to the members of an audience, to show the members of an audience additional advertisements, to exclude members of an audience from additional advertisements, etc. Apocalypse Survivalist has a legitimate interest in these systems, since advertising would not be financially feasible without utilizing audience mechanisms.
Advertising Audience Generation data is kept for 26 months.
Apocalypse Survivalist makes use of third-party behavioral tracking systems such as HotJar, Google Analytics, Amplitude and Optimizely. These systems allow us to observe how people use our websites and enable us to improve how they operate. We also use these systems to perform A/B testing of new features and site improvements.
Name, email address, content of the comment: this data is collected when you leave a comment and displayed on the Website.
If you leave a comment on the Website, your name and email address will also be saved in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will be saved on your computer until you delete them.
IP and browser user agent string: this data is collected when you leave a comment.
Retention period: the aforementioned data is retained indefinitely so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Cookie Removal and More Information
Security and Protection of Your Information
We are committed to protecting your personal information. All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. What does all this mean? Just as in the investing world, you must protect yourself.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
What are your data protection rights?
Apocalypse Survivalist would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Apocalypse Survivalist for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Apocalypse Survivalist correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Apocalypse Survivalist erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Apocalypse Survivalist restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Apocalypse Survivalist’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Apocalypse Survivalist transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Do Not Track
Most modern web browsers give you the option to send a Do Not Track signal to the websites you visit. However, there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal. We currently do not respond to do not track or similar signals.
Users Aged 13 or Under
Protecting the safety of children when they use the internet is important to us.
The site is intended for use only by persons who are at least 13 years of age. By using this site, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement. If you are aged 13 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
If you are under the age of 13 your parent or guardian must consent on your behalf where we ask for consent in relation to the use of your information.
Acquisition or Changes in Ownership
In the event that the website (or a substantial portion of its assets) is acquired, your information would be considered part of those assets, and may be part of those assets that are transferred.
Links to Other Sites
Last edited: 11.11.2020