Top Survival Knives for Outdoor Enthusiasts
When it comes to reliable and sturdy knives, then survival knives are the top of the class. They belong to the toughest category of outdoor knives. Their original purpose was to help people dealing with the emergency situations. These knives can be used in extreme environments and critical circumstances. It goes without saying that they have to be tough. You should know that not all knives in this category are made to be large. Modern survival knives are surprisingly handy and easy to transport. Survival knives can be both folding and fixed knives.
When you are all alone out in the woods, then you appreciate all the help you can get. With nothing but your survival knife, you quickly learn to appreciate top quality materials and reliable tools for survival. There are so many things essential for your survival, you can accomplish with the help of survival knives, such as building a shelter, starting a fire, and killing an animal to eat. You can forget about a great survival story if you get a cheap imitation of a survival knife. Without any exaggeration, we can say that every survival story with the happy end includes the top quality survival knives.
This story obviously simplifies the difficulties of the survival strategy, but this doesn’t make it any less accurate. Here’s a list of a handful of must-have survival knives:
Top Five Survival Knives 2018
- An extremely useful knife with a rapid one-handed deployment
- It can be locked securely with the liner lock
- Black half-serrated stainless steel blade
- Aluminum handle, which includes a bottle opener
- A glass breaker for emergency situations
- Includes a pocket clip for the totally safe carry
- 4-1/2-inch closed length
- 3-1/4-inch blade length
- 3mm thickness
This survival knife comes with a 3-1/4” blade, which is 3-millimeter thick, including a 4-1/2” closed length. It allows you to deploy by using one hand. You can lock it securely very simply and safely.
This survival knife’s aluminum handle comes with both a glass breaker and a bottle opener on the end. You can use it to break the glass of a car in an emergency. At the back of the handle, you can find a pocket clip, which makes it easy and safe to carry this knife.
The perfect blade for cutting branches, rope, and similar.
Handle end comes with a bottle opener and screwdriver.
- The fabulous look of the knife.
- It can be sharpened to a fair edge.
- Very useful bottle opener.
- Push button works quickly and smoothly.
- Pocket clip fits perfectly.
- The blade seems to dull fairly quickly, which is expected for a knife in this price range.
- If it gets dirty, the debris can easily build up inside.
- Handle combination of diamond-texture and rubber.
- Drop point 420HC blade.
- The handle’s base comes with the striking pommel, which can be used for survival and rescue.
- Modular sheath, which can be used on belt or a drop leg.
- Brute strength.
Gerber has made a respectable name for itself in the industry of combat and survival knives since 1966. They have perfectly managed to combine the many years of experience with the constant innovations.
This is a classic blade, which is made with the brute strength and an innovative sheath system. Its snap-together and the multi-mount sheath is quite easy to use. You can mount it vertically on your Molle or horizontally on your belt.
It can suit you perfectly in the field.
Thanks to the Molle strap it is possible to carry the knife vertically. Belt Carry (Horizontal)
The belt loops of a sheath are detachable. That’s why it is possible to carry it horizontally along your waistline. Belt Carry (Vertical)
You can carry this knife your hip in a traditional way.
- Reliable product
- 420 HC Stainless Steel
- Quite easy to use
- MOLLE compatible
- Can be carried horizontally
- Nicely designed product
- Lifetime Warranty
- Blade is hidden in a handle that’s shaped like a key
- Handle lock back
- Perfectly suitable to be carried around on a keychain
- Keychain comes with a blade that’s no bigger than your house key, so you always have a useful tool around
- Straight edge with the 1.5-inch blade made of stainless steel
- Hard cased black finish is a perfect match for its drop point shape
- Lockback ensures additional safety when you are using the knife in the open position
- The handle is made of stainless steel
- Limited lifetime warranty
Black key handle is made like a house key of stainless steel
This is arguably the first lockback of its kind. Let’s face it. Sometimes, you need to have a knife you can use to clean your fingers, cut a rope, open a box, and similar. This new key knife can easily save your day.
- Open lock
- Can’t use it for heavy prying/cutting
- Black finish easily wears off
- It doesn’t look like a key
- Highly adaptable fixed blade
- Reliable outdoor knife
- Stainless steel Sandvik 12C27
- It is extremely easy to use and hold this knife
- Plastic sheath comes with the color-match and belt clip
- Limited lifetime warranty.
This is one of those one knives to match all needs for all kinds of outdoor activities. It comes with a high-friction and patterned grip, which makes it quite easy to use and hold. The length of the blade is 4.1-inch or 104 mm. Only the best stainless steel Sandvik 12C27 has been used for production. Let’s not forget a 3/4 tang for both marine and outdoor applications. Every knife enthusiast knows those are environments where a knife is being exposed to both moisture and dirt. It goes without saying that stainless steel knives are much less susceptible to the damaging effects of oxidization and corrosion compared with the carbon steels. This comparative advantage is making them last much longer.
This knife will suit you just fine with camp food preparations, cutting small limbs, and whatever you need on your adventure. It comes with a color-matching sheath with belt clip.
I have made multiple orders of these knives. What can I say? Each and any of them matched my expectations to get a reliable tool for basic survival, camping needs, hiking, hunting, and fishing. They can be sharpened quite easily with a suitable fine stone. I have found them to be much better and reliable compared with the most similar knives of the similar price range. When setting up a fire and building a shelter is a matter of life and death when you are on your own with no one to help, then your knife can be a true lifesaver! I have used these knives on more than occasion. You can rest assured that this knife will live up to its reputation and your expectations. I have been in many tough and challenging situation. This knives has never let me down or disappointed. Give yourself and your loved ones the best quality of knives for the most affordable price ever! You might even save your own or your loved one’s life if they are adventurous type people.
- Top quality product.
- The very reasonable price.
- Good Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel.
- Very beautiful green color.
- Nicely designed product.
- Inexpensive knife.
- None so far.
5# CRKT Minimalist Wharncliffe Neck Knife: Compact Fixed Blade Knife – 2385 Folts Utility Knife – Bead Blast Blade, Resin Infused Fiber Handle & Sheath
- THE BLADE FINISH THAT LASTS: Thanks to a bead blast your blade will have a better wear resistance and it will last longer
- TOUGH HANDLE: You owe a huge gratitude to G10 materials and glass-reinforced components that make the handles to be lightweight, reliable, and above all strong
- THREE FINGER GROOVES: This small knife can be used to make surgically precise cuts safely and efficiently
- HOLDER INCLUDED: This knife comes with a sheath made of glass-reinforced components, which make it suitable for more than one carrying options
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Your knife will be repaired or replaced if broken as a result of a manufacturing defect
The name of Alan Folts certainly means something in the world of compact fixed blade knives design. These knives may be small when it comes to the size, but rest assured that the functionality is flawless. In addition, you can expect an improved functionality. These knife with a plain edge perfectly fits into limited spaces when you have to take care of all kinds of needs. There is more than one blade style available for this knife when you are making your order. The blades come with two options. Durable stonewash finish or non-reflective bead blast.
This is a very small and lightweight knife which ensures a surprising comfort and control. You can carry it as a neck knife thanks to the neck paracord and the fully customized Zytel sheath. Having in mind that the knife and sheath weigh only 1.6 ounces together, you will barely notice when you have it with you.
TOUGH HANDLE The equal amount has been paid to both knife’s handle and knife’s blade. This means that only the top quality G10 materials and glass-reinforced components were used to ensure the top performance regardless of the complexity of heavy use demands. Let’s not forget an eye-catching polished handle and the fact that all knife models include a braided fob finish work. THREE FINGER CHOILS For those knife enthusiasts who prefer the full control and comfort of use, the three finger choils won’t let them be disappointed in any way. It goes without saying that this is a very important safety feature. Thanks to it you can have the absolute peace of mind while cutting with the surgical precision.
- Affordable price
- Very small
- Very handy
- Useful belt loop
- Extremely lightweight
- If you don’t wear it properly, it can slip around on a normal belt.